The Virtual High School is setting the standard for excellence in online education.
- VHS online design and delivery standards were the model used by the National Education Association in their recommended standards for online learning.
Other awards and recognition received by VHS include:
- August 2010 - VHS was granted national accreditation by the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC). The mission of the Northwest Accreditation Commission is to advance excellence in education through the process of accreditation. Accreditation promotes continual school improvement leading to greater student achievement.
- May 2008 - VHS was granted national accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools (MSCSS) for setting the bar for online education and acting as an exemplar of how quality courses can be delivered over the Internet. The Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools, a division of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools is a non-governmental, nonprofit, peer-administered organization of diverse educational institutions committed to the highest quality education for students.
- May 2008 - VHS receives notice of expanded list of courses approved by the NCAA for initial eligibility. The NCAA approved VHS, Inc. for initial eligibility in March 2002.
- USDLA 2008 21st Century Award for Best Practices in Distance Learning.
- USDLA 2008 Silver Award for Best Practices in Distance Learning Programming.
- 2007 Blackboard Greenhouse Exemplary Course Program Winner, VHS teacher Lisa Pupo, Cultural Identity Through Literature.
- USDLA 2007 21st Century Award for Best Practices in Distance Learning.
- USDLA 2005 21st Century Award for Best Practices in Online Technology and K-12 Education.
- USDLA 2005 Award for Online PreK-12 Programming Excellence, Gold Recipient.
- VHS and Forks High School Poetry Writing course selected as winner of Blackboard’s first Bbionic Course Contest™.
- 2001 Stockholm Challenge Award for Global Excellence in Information Technology – an international competition that recognizes the benefit information and communication technology can bring people and society.
- The American School Board Journal's Magna 2000 Award for exemplary use of technology in education.
By bringing quality online education to its partner schools since 1997, VHS has the experience needed to meet the needs of 21st Century learning communities.